Published In PRC News
Members of Prestatyn Running Club took full advantage of being on home territory when they collected a huge haul of trophies in the annual Rhyl Fest races on Saturday.
The programme included 5k, 10k and half-marathon events, with most club members opting for the medium distance. In the 5k three finished in the top 10, with Dean Longley taking second place to Wrexham teenager Sam Sussex.
The placings were:- 5K Race
- 2 Dean Longley 17.11 (1st Senior man)
- 5 Andrew Bromley 18.25 (2nd SM)
- 10 Steve Stocker 19.20 (2nd M40)
- 11 Matty Smith 19.50
- 15 Benjamin Harrison 21.14
- 20 Jenna Bagnall 22.18 (2nd U20)
- 17 Ally Reid 23.00 (2nd L40)
- 51 Karen Roberts 32.38 (2nd L45)
- 37 Arwel Jones 47.22 (2nd M55)
- 78 Sian Culshaw 59.35 (2nd L45)
- 125 Eleri Jones 59.16
- 134 Roger Harrison-Jones 59.35 (1st M80)
- 158 Dafydd Owen 61.30
- 171 Julia Evans 62.06
- 206 Deborah Cartwright 68.36
- 217 Duncan Longley 71.55
- 218 Julie Evans 71.55.
Half Marathon Race
- 30 Wyn Roberts 1-45.51.
In the Wepre Parkrun Clare Atterbury brought her pb down by another 28 seconds, finishing in 42.54, while in Chester Nigel Bakewell also improved to 22.55.
Last week James Rogers once again went off-road, competing in the tough Salomon Trail Marathon Wales, finishing 97th in 4-57.59